Friday 6 November 2015

PROJECT MY LIFE

Hey hey hey,

Hope you are having a great week! I have been flat out with study and parenting and all that fun stuff, but I managed to sneak in a little tiny bit of scrapping. People say that divorce and break ups are hard, and I don't know if I was prepared for the emotional upheaval that has happened in the last couple of months, but I am very aware at the moment of my personal dialogue - it took over 5 years of counselling for me to stop saying/thinking that I was 'f*cked in the head' and I refuse to end up back there. So I think it was appropriate to make the first page of my personal album so honest. This album is ultimately a photo based journal right now, and it gives me a place to put some of that emotional shit so that it doesn't just fester inside me.



I completed a cover page of sorts for my album and using some of the gorgeous chipboard elements now available. I love chipboard! I am not a big fan of any crazy bulk in my pocket spreads so chipboards works beautifully.
 

 
The centre card has been left empty purposely, so that I can write a dedication of sorts to myself... or perhaps a disclaimer in case anyone else reads it! Even with as much as I am sharing here, there is still some stuff that just isn't fit for the internet.
 
I think it's hard, when any sort of relationship ends, to not take it personally and find faults in yourself. Right now I really need to focus on being the best mum I can be, and trying to find a way to claw together all the bits that feel messy and scattered inside me. The fact is, the end of my relationship shook who I am as a person, and now I need to get to know who I am again - and I'll touch more on that in another post.
 


I never in a million years thought I would use an enormous photo of myself in a layout, but this photo was taken the first time my kids went to their dad's, and those big sunglasses were my best friend that day! I printed the photo at Big W, just a standard 12x12 print, with 2 photos loaded into the image. Added some text in an app on my phone and I think it came together okay. I wanted to document somehow that at this stage in my life, I feel a little emotionally warped, but that I am not broken and I'll just keep moving. I will share the other side of this layout soon.

Thanks for checking in, feel free to leave comments or questions below, and I will get back to you when I can :)



 



1 comment: